8 Enjoyable Buyer Contest Concepts
A great way to construct brand loyalty is thru buyer contests. Listed below are eight concepts to get your inventive juices flowing.
1. Get Snap Comfortable. Photo contests are a whole lot of fun and incredibly simple to participate in since so many people have t shirt design memphis smartphones. So what sort of photo contest ought to you’ve got Two ideas: “Show us your ugly…” or “Show us your pretty…” contests. For instance, in case you make customized cabinets, you might hold a “Show us your ugly kitchen cabinets” contest. The proprietor of the ugliest cabinets—voted on by fans/customers—wins new custom kitchen cabinets designed by your firm. Or in case you own a pet kennel service, you could possibly have a “Show us your cutest pet” contest. The winner gets to board his or her pet free of charge for 3 nights. You get the idea. Then give all of the contributors a reasonable cellular phone pocket only for participating! You win too as a result of your small business will get remembered long after the contest ends with your company name on the cellular phone pocket!
2. Make Native Connections. A well-known Boston retailer named Jordan’s Furnishings held a “Perfect Game” promotion in 2013. The premise was easy, as acknowledged on the web site, Boston on a Budget: “Buy furnishings and merchandise now at Jordan’s until Might 5, 2013 and obtain your furniture for free if a Crimson Sox pitcher pitches an ideal game between July 17, 2013 and October 1, 2013.”
No one pitched a perfect sport that season, however that didn’t matter. It was thrilling for contest contributors and casual observers alike. And Boston followers didn’t undergo, since they went on to win The World Collection anyway. Talking of which, Jordan’s Furnishings has a brand new promotion this 12 months: if the Sox repeat their World Collection victory, everybody who purchased furnishings from Jordan’s earlier than May 18, 2014, will get a full rebate.
You can do one thing similar. No, you in all probability don’t have the funds to do a tie-in with a serious league sports activities group, however why not hook up with a local sports staff (or dance troupe, drama membership, cub pack, and so forth.) Linking your contest to one thing native and one thing past your business is a good technique to get t shirt design memphis even more publicity since the native group would promote the competition to its fans, customers, and databases.
3. Get Inventive with Social Media. It doesn’t matter what sort of contest you run, social media will play a task in promoting it and getting folks engaged. However you may use social media as the idea of your contest. Remember the Twitter contest that Esurance ran proper after the large Game When anybody tweeted the hashtag “#EsuranceSave30” in the course of the entry period, the individual was robotically entered into the competition. A winner was randomly drawn and received 1.5 million dollars (the amount of money Esurance saved by airing a business AFTER the massive Game).
When you have a wholesome Twitter following, you possibly can do something comparable (Okay, minus the 1.5 million dollars). Make it easy for folks to “play”—just ask them to tweet a line with a hashtag that you just create. Ensure you’ve gotten an exciting prize. And make sure you develop plenty of buzz and that you simply let people know concerning the hashtag. Then, sit again and watch the tweets pour in (and hopefully watch your Twitter base grow as other individuals hear about what you are promoting and your cool contest).
In fact, it’s not simply Twitter the place you may have all the fun. You possibly can run contests on different social media platforms as properly. Here’s a terrific article with 5 certain-fire Facebook contest ideas.
4. Unleash “Our Products in the Wild” Contests. This is a sort of photo contest, however it’s worthy of its own explanation. Ask customers to take footage of themselves using your merchandise. The most artistic entry wins a prize. You could possibly make this an ongoing, month-to-month contest. By making it an everyday characteristic, you’ll have content material for…
– Weblog posts
– Social media posts
– The “About” part in your web site
– Buyer communications
– Testimonials – we can almost guarantee people will embrace captions with their photos—in fact, it’s best to encourage it
5. Hold Naming Contests. When it comes to naming a product or service, you need to be careful and considerate in how you go about it. Nine occasions out of ten, you must work with someone who has expertise in developing with brand names. However that doesn’t mean you can’t often have customer enter. For instance, if you happen to own an ice cream shop, possibly you’re launching three new flavors of ice cream for the season and you want some assist in arising with inventive names. Hold a naming contest for a fun prize.
Note: you t shirt design memphis may get inventive right here as nicely. If you want to keep away from muddying up your model names with “interesting” customer creations, then hold naming contests for benign things, like your organization’s mascot.
6. Don’t Forget Oldies However Goodies. Do you remember at school while you had to guess what number of jellybeans had been in a big jar (this was normally a part of a math or science class) You can create your individual version of this. Fill an enormous jar with something related to your business. Are you a homebuilder Possibly you fill the jar with screws. Are you the proprietor of the ice cream shop we mentioned above Perhaps you fill it with one of many candy toppings you offer, like M&Ms. You get the idea. Create a video the place you introduce the competition, present the jar, shake it round, and voila. Get individuals guessing.
7. Tie It in with the Seasons. The good factor about seasonal contests is that you can foster anticipation for them 12 months after 12 months. It doesn’t even should be “your” season to be effective. For example, a landscape company might hold a contest during December where individuals send in the light shows on their dwelling. The very best one—as voted on by fans—wins a prize. Now, landscapers aren’t essentially in search of business in December, but it surely might be an effective way to stay entrance and heart in customers’ minds throughout off months.
The seasons, and their corresponding holidays, have tons of potential. A restaurant might hold a contest in January, and the prize might be a special Valentine’s Day package deal, like dinner at the restaurant and a night time at a local hotel. All folks would have to do is e-mail their reply to a easy question: “Tell us who you wish to whisk away for a romantic weekend, and why.” You possibly can share snippets of entries—sweet ones, funny ones, intelligent ones—on social media to get people excited.
Consider all the holidays out there—from nicely -recognized ones to holidays that are more obscure. You could have a blast developing with a singular contest that engages followers and promotes what you are promoting.
8. Make it Kid Friendly. Individuals love rallying around contests that involve kids. For instance, Google holds a “Doodle 4 Google” contest yearly where it invites youngsters to submit their very own Google doodles. The grand prize contains scholarship cash (a prize that’s all the time welcome!) and a visit to Google headquarters (among different fabulous prizes). Running a contest for youths and offering scholarship cash as a prize is a great way to assist kids and get exposure for your enterprise.
Need a child-friendly example that applies to a small business A coffee store, restaurant/diner, or bookstore may hold a drawing or painting competition. Finalists’ entries could be displayed in the enterprise, and patrons would vote for the winner.
Housekeeping Particulars: Some Reminders before You Launch a Contest
– Suppose the contest via step by step. What occurs when someone enters How will winners be notified And so forth.
– Post the official guidelines, terms, and situations on your webpage (and make them obtainable in writing to anybody who requests them). We’re not attorneys, so don’t take any of this as legal recommendation, but consider together with some “safeguards” in terms of language, comparable to “Void where prohibited” and “Judges’ choices are final” to avoid potential issues.
– For contests where stakes are exceptionally excessive and you’re gifting away a giant-ticket merchandise, consider having a lawyer review your rules (a smart move, even when it’s a small contest, especially in case you think you might make it a regular occasion).
– Consider giving a prize for everybody who plays along. What a straightforward way to turn your contest into a promotion for your small business that gets you remembered! Keep it low funds with inexpensive customized Koozies for adults or promotional water bottles for youths.
– If you’re working the contest on social media, be sure you abide by the platform’s promotional guidelines. For example, Facebook has some strict, clear pointers on working promotions.
– Be certain everyone in your organization is aware of about the competition in order that they’ll field questions (present staff with a one-sheet overview).
Have you ever run a contest We wish to listen to how it worked out. Share your experience in the feedback beneath.